Due Date worth a watch

So after my brother convinced me that it was going to be just about the funniest thing since the hangover, I watched Due Date.


The basic plot goes like this:
Peter Highman (Robert Downey Jr.) must get to LA in five days to be at the birth of his firstborn. He is about to fly home from Atlanta when his luggage and wallet are sent to LA without him, and he is put on the "no-fly" list. Desperate to get home Peter is forced to accept the offer of Ethan Tremblay (Zach Galifianakis) to hitch a ride with him cross-country. Peter is about to go on the most terrifying and agonizing journey of his life. (Written by Douglas Young)


I figured if its from the same director and has what I believed to be the best character from it then how could it not be funny. I was right! While Robert Downy Jr. is okay as the uptight Peter Highman, again the show is stollen Zach GalifianakisGalifianakis's character Ethan is very much a replica of his hangover character however it still works. My only issue with this is I guess my issue with the hangover, its basically just a series of kinda funny scenes, one after the other. Your not drawn into the basic plot at all, your just waiting to see what funny thing Galifianakis will do next.

If you found Galifianakis funny in the hangover then this is worth a watch. Although I wouldn't be rushing out any time soon, its more of a watch it because its on TV kind of movie.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment